Is there something from the charter renewal that can go here?
enCompass Academy's counselor and social worker make regular classroom visits to practice valuable social-emotional skills and healthy habits.
Staff members meet as a group once weekly. There are also regularly scheduled professional development days throughout the school year. Staff meeting agendas and sign-in sheets can be accessed on-site.
- enCompass Academy has secured three grants, including the Title 1003a Turnaround Grant to work with the Academy for Urban School Leadership, SB 178 to provide for extended day intervention services, and Title IV Safe and Healthy Schools to provide an on-site social worker. For the 2019-20 school year, enCompass will be a Title 1 served school for the first time in its 16 year history.
- enCompass Academy provides all school supplies, lunches, and uniforms to every student to remove barriers to education. This is funded through the general fund, and through support of the Redfield Foundation.
- enCompass hosts an annual fundraiser, and is in year three of the fundraiser. The event raised $3500 in 2017, nearly $10,000 in 2018, and the hope is to raise $15,000 in 2019.
- enCompass Academy has access to two computer labs through the Boys and Girls Club.
- enCompass Academy has a laptop cart with nine Google Chromebooks.
- enCompass Academy provides students with all necessary school supplies. This includes students' first uniform polo, folders, notebooks, pencils, papers, and other various supplies.
- enCompass Academy provides all students with a free lunch.
- enCompass Academy has working relationships with the Boys & Girls Club, Reno Bike Project, Reno Artworks, Equus Insight, Paws 4 Love, and more.
- For the past two years all full-time teachers, as well as the principal, counselor, and data coach at enCompass Academy have visited schools within the Academy of Urban School Leadership in Chicago.